Thursday 9 September 2010

What to read?

I have always been fond of the written word and especially books. Words are full of potential, sentences can be magic and then you have the physical object of a book itself - The smell, the texture of the pages, the crunchy sound when you open a hard-back for the first time.
I guess we can call it love. Sometimes from page one, other times it takes longer, getting into the pace, the history and to see the potential. Other times the relationship ends abruptly before it has run its full course, on the other hand, if I hang in there despite the pain and discomfort it can end in indefinite loathing and bad mouthing to all my friends.

When asked about favorite author and favorite books it is difficult to answer. How can you single out one author and one book, when there are books for every occasion, an author for every season, and a delightful combination of both which can only be right there and then?

Yesterday I was standing in front of my bookshelf literally looking at my past, and decided it is time to revisit some of the places, reacquaint myself with some of the characters and hopefully to rediscover something forgotten on the way.

But where do I start? I have three books which tickles my fancy at present.

Please help me choose by voting using the poll to the right.

Trude


1 comment:

  1. I share your feelings, Trude. Many of my books are (lost?) up in my mum and dad's loft and I'm missing them. It's not that I want to re-read them at the moment (I've joined a Book Club and am busy with those selections); it's because they are old friends and I like having them around. I, too, love to peruse my bookcases and reminiscene about the places I've been and the people I've met in my literary life. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...