Thursday 22 September 2011

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about getting organized and I must tell you that it is working. At least now and then…

Already implemented is that I have my small clutch bag where I put my keys, driver’s license, access cards, credit card, mints, headphones, lipsticks and other necessities. Yes, it weighs a kilo I am sure, but it contains only essentials. When I change my handbag it is just to remember to move the clutch from one bag to the other, not every single item every time - genius.

Of course the problem is when you leave the whole thing at home, but that has only happened once so far.
Getting organized is a lot more than remembering my keys:

It is to:
  • take my shower at night and have the hair dry before you go to bed, to avoid bed head hair in the morning so that I have to take another shower.
  • plan and take the next day’s outfit from the wardrobe and have it ready for the next day. It is not as easy as it sounds. How can you predict your mood and the weather for the following morning? I’m not psychic.
  • get up in the morning when the alarm goes off, no snooze, no sleeping in.
  • leave the house on time whether it is be in work at 7 am or to get Little H to the nursery before 7:45, and then to work.



Because if I fail to do these things

I will:
  •  have to take a shower with a drowsy Little H in my arms. And trust me; it is not easy to wash your hair like that. There is not another option as she wants to be carried around the first hour after she has woken up otherwise will cry her you-do-not- care-about-me cry with real tears and all.
  • stand in the wardrobe in my underwear letting Little H play with (trying to break) every necklace I have hanging on hooks on the wall, while I try to figure out what to wear.
  • wake up after Little H and again having to carry her around while I make the bed, get dressed and so on having the little sleepyhead dozing over my shoulder.

It is a slippery slope, and if only one of my preparations for the day after are forgotten or neglected (I have learnt that to forget or to neglect is not the same thing, which I thought before) it all goes wrong:

I will never get Little H to the nursery on time.
I will not catch my train and I will be late for work. If I am extra lucky, I will have snot stains on my shoulder, jam on my trouser leg and mascara on only one set of eyelashes. All this and more I do not realize until someone points it out until after a morning meeting….

How do you get organized? With or without kids? I need some practical time-saving advice. Help me please…

3 comments:

  1. Jeg tror den uorganiserte delen er mer utbredt enn du tror Trude :)
    Jeg har samme rutinene når det gjelder å dusje på kvelden og sette fram klær til snuppa og meg selv. Og det er en must å være ferdig kledd/sminket/spist før hun våkner, eller så er løpet kjørt.. :)

    I går glemte jeg å sette fram klærene og i morges surret nok i 10-15 minutter før jeg kunne bestemme meg. Ikke spør meg om det så bra ut det jeg endte opp med til slutt :)

    Og alt dette enda jeg ikke leverer i barnehagen, men må liste med meg lydløst ut av huset i frykt for å vekke henne..
    Sees snart:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dag hadde jeg en slik dag hvor ingenting var planlagt - i mitt stille sinn kaller jeg det Parissyndromet. :P

    Vekkerklokka var ikke satt på til riktig tid - les 05.30 ringte den og ble bare slått av.
    Bhgsekken ikke pakket (J ikke vært i bhg siden torsdag), klær ikke lagt frem. La meg med vått hår. Alle våkner 07:10.
    Ja, det ble stress :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det er så godt å høre at andre har det som meg.
    Har jo ikke engang blogget på tusen år, men nå! Nå blir det andre boller ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...